CHICKEN STIR FRY
While we are all still adapting to the “new normal” of working and schooling from home, we want to be as productive at home as we are in the office. We also want to enjoy our binge-watching sessions, and home schooling with minimal disturbance. To make sure that we have enough time for all that, including those Microsoft Teams meetings, Nestlé sent us a few hearty, yet easy-to-prepare lunch recipes. We tried the first one today – but not for lunch :).
A grocery cupboard staple, MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles with vegetables, sauce and chicken create a quick, wholesome and delicious lunch. This simple stir fry recipe can be adapted to include ingredients you and your family members love (and have in stock). Check out ours on Instagram (@lamacheri), but use the below as a guide to creating your own meal.
1. Cook MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles according to the directions on the pack but don’t add the flavour sachet. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine the soy sauce, sriracha sauce and vinegar, and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or wok. Add the garlic and chilli flakes. Stir fry for 10–15 seconds.
4. Add the onion and fry for a few seconds before adding in the chicken slices. Fry until the chicken turns white in colour.
5. Add the sauce mixture, salt and MAGGI 2-Minute Noodles flavour sachet along with 1/4 cup of water.
6. Cook until the chicken is almost done then add the broccoli and bell pepper. Stir fry for less than a minute. Add the boiled noodles and mix well. Remove from heat.
7. Serve stir fry garnished with roasted peanuts, spring onion and a squeeze of lemon juice.